What is Web Design..?
I thought it would be nice to do a little short article on web design and web hosting.
Its a pretty generic term "Web Design" but I am hoping to show what makes up web design.
A Web designer is someone who designs Web pages. A Web designer is more focused on the look and feel of a website than how it works, and often uses WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get.) editors rather than diving into the HTML directly. They will work graphically to design your web site to the brief you provide.
A web developer is responsible for programming the functionality of a web site. So while a requirements analyst is tasked with determining what a web site should do, the web developer figures out how it is going to do it and then writes the necessary programming code. Much of this programming code is behind the scenes and not visible to the user.
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organisations to make their own website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server they own or lease for use by their clients as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center.
Some facts about web design:
- Takes at least 10 minutes to resize and simply amend 1 image.
- 1 GB of space for web hosting is more than enough space for a individual to a small sized company.
- There is no such things a unlimited webspace! normally this means your sharing a hard drive with 10000's of clients
- A web designer/developer is like an artist, with the more work/experience the higher the price.
- A web site for less than £500 means an inexperienced designer/developer
- Linux servers are more stable than microsoft (in my opinion)
- Marketing your website will cost you more than £100 a year, in fact £250 a month my not be enough.